Thursday, April 6, 2017

Welcome!

"Praise ye the LORD. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints." -Psalm 149:1
Waxing philosophical probably comes naturally to many people "of a certain age", but please, indulge me if you will. It is my personal belief (take it with a grain of salt), that, if we are growing, we find in moments of change "a new song". Let's pause a moment and define the "old song". My old song consists of self-doubt, excessive worry, fear of failure, fear of judgment. Your old song may sound similar; it may be different. But it is the mental soundtrack that colors our thoughts, that plays in the background of the movie of our lives unfolding day by day, moment by moment. For me, when I heard a compliment about my gifts, the old song accused, "Impostor". When a crisis arose, the old song discouraged, "You can't make it." When difficult task loomed, the old song taunted, "You can't do it." And when people offered criticism, constructive or otherwise, the old song attacked, "You are worthless."
For me, the new song comes in knowing, in accepting, in celebrating, in loving who I am. I am a child of God. I am a beloved wife, mother, sister, friend. I am blessed, gifted, intelligent, beautiful. I have received goodness from God and I am here to share it. My new song is praise to my Creator; praise for who He is; praise for what He has created. I am part of that wonderful creation, part of that which, when He completed it all He proclaimed, "It is very good." I will not cheapen the name of the God whom I praise by belittling one of His creation. When I see myself through His eyes, I must sing a new song; a song of confidence; a song of strength; a song of competence; a song of value. 
It is my hope that, as you read the pages to come, you will find your new song.


No comments:

Post a Comment