Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Endings and Beginnings, Part 1

This week, my youngest baby is finishing PreK. Within the next few weeks, she will be in Kindergarten. I am so thankful to personally be on her educational journey with her, because we homeschool her.
PreK was an extra exciting year for me, as one of my favorite curriculum companies, My Father's World, released a brand new PreK program, called Voyage of Discovery, just in time to begin with my little one when she turned four. When I saw it, I knew it was the right balance of seat-work, hands-on activities, imaginative play, and outdoor play for my girl. Not only that, but it was full of Biblical instruction for her, and encouragement for me 😍
It was also exciting for her, learning from the Bible, character, loving and serving others, household chores, letter sounds, math concepts, science concepts, and games to play-outdoors and in, a well as enjoying many great read-aloud books together (a few hundred!)
As beautiful as it has been, all good things come to an end. So this week, we say goodbye to PreK. It is bittersweet. Not just because we are finishing a school year, but because it marks a rite of passage for my youngest child. She is, slowly but surely, growing up. She is growing bigger, wiser, and kinder, and that is what a mother hopes for her children.
But when one thing ends, another begins. So, as we wrap up PreK and soon begin Kindergarten, my youngest child transitions from a Preschool-aged child to a school-aged child. We will continue this journey with My Father's World's freshly updated Kindergarten curriculum, called God's Creation from A to Z, and continue moving toward future endings and beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment